March is Brain Injury Awareness Month!
March is Brain Injury Awareness Month, recognized nationally across America, and we are gearing up for our 18th annual BlueJean Day and other Brain Injury Awareness activities.
DID YOU KNOW?
The CDC estimates between 1.6 and 3.8 million sports-related concussions occur in the U.S. each year.
For young people ages 15—24, sports are the 2nd leading cause of TBI after motor vehicle accidents.
TBI due to concussion can be PREVENTED! Learn the facts!
We have many activities planned throughout March focusing on concussion awareness and prevention, while raising funds for Opportunity Project’s programs. Please join us as a sponsor or participant in educating the community about brain injury awareness.
- BlueJean Day takes place all month long! BlueJean Day is a simple and fun event for companies to promote brain injury awareness for their employees and raise funds for Opportunity Project at the same time. Companies designate a day for employees to wear jeans to work. You can join as a sponsor or simply as a participant. Download the registration form or register online.
- Wednesday, 3/13/13 is Congressional Brain Injury Awareness Day.
- New this year, FlyWheel Fitness is hosting a “Spin-A-Thon” at 6:30pm to raise awareness about brain injury. The spin class will be taught by one of their most popular instructors, Gina Racz! Download the registration form or register online. Young adults ages 13 and up can participate, as long as this permission form is completed.
- Also new this year, Rock-N-Joes in Millburn will also be holding a brain injury awareness day on 3/13/13. They will be donating 20% of each guest check that day to Opportunity Project provided the customer provides this flyer.
- Wednesday, 3/20/13 will be our 2nd annual “FUNdraising event at CPK in the SH Mall. CPK will donate 20% of each guest check that day to Opportunity Project provided the customer provides this flyer.
We look forward to your participation in helping us to educate the community about brain injury!