“Opportunity Project is a home. OP people care. The staff and members want you to succeed and move on to a better life.” – Barbara, Member
The “Dream in the Making” development campaign enabled Opportunity Project to purchase property at 60 East Willow Street in Millburn, New Jersey and build a state of the art Clubhouse facility.
IN 2005, THE DREAM WAS REALIZED AND OPPORTUNITY PROJECT MOVED IN. THE CLUBHOUSE IS:
- a modern, universally accessible 14,000 sq. ft. two story building;
- designed to meet Opportunity Project’s current and future space requirements to ensure delivery of vocational, educational, social/recreational, life skills and long term support services to our members;
- accessible to the center of town, public transportation and the community at large;
- configured to provide numerous opportunities for community interaction through Opportunity Project’s relationship with the other non profit agencies that share the building;
- and an integral part of the business community which presents many employment opportunities to members within the town of Millburn and the surrounding areas.
Opportunity Project occupies the entire first floor of the building and a portion of the second floor including housing a large conference facility for the benefit of the community as well as the Clubhouse occupants. The balance of the second floor is leased on a cost sharing basis to complementary non-profit organizations including the Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey and United Way.
Through the Clubhouse facilities members receive information about benefits, transportation, education and employment opportunities. The Clubhouse is not a traditional rehabilitation facility because it is set up around a workday rather than treatment groups of therapy.